Here is a question: “How do I get my lady friend to Qatar? There are two options:
- Book a hotel and let the hotel arrange a visit visa for her. But what if I want her to stay with me? This is where things are getting complicated.
- Several conditions applies if I would like to invite somebody to visit Qatar:
- In the condition if I work in a company that directly sponsored me to work in Qatar, I will have to ask the company whom I work with to arrange a visa.
- In the case I am a wife with a residence permit visa/dependant visa on my passport instead of a working visa, then I could not invite her, I need my husband’s company to sponsor her.
- In the case I am a man would like to invite my lady friend, this is not possible unless I have my wife staying with me. This means, single man could not invite his lady friend to visit him in Qatar. And vice versa applies; single woman could not invite her man friend to visit.
- In the case of I am an older woman would like to have my adult son to visit me. This is not possible especially if we have different surnames.
- In the case that I want my old parents to visit me? Tough luck, they could not visit me if they are older than 70 years old, even though they are still fit to travel
Those are the the leg works need to be done inside Qatar, while applying visa usually is for somebody who is not yet in Qatar, what kind of paper works she needs to prepare? (remeber, this is a business visa!)
- Copy/ scan copy of the passport which shows the page with photograph and ID details. If within her passport stated her qualification, scanned that as well.
- If she currently live in another country other than her own country, that means that she needs to include the scanned of the residence visa of that particular country.
- If she had lived in one of the gulf countries, attached the scanned copy of that residence visa as well regardless that residence visa had been canceled.
- This is the funny part, she also need to attached her qualification, and as an engineer/architect, it would be easier for her get the visa compare to if she is only a generalist such a secretary etc.
With that compiled, then I will send that to my company and the PRO will go to the immigration, register it to get code and pay the fee for QR 200.-. With the code, I could track down the status of her visa code online. The immigration office will issue the visa online in a view days, or maybe less. Thus my Kenyan friend would be able to print it out from where ever she is (outside Qatar of course). Only then, once she has seen the visa (on line) she could buy herself a ticket to visit me. In the case other case, the company could just email me the print visa, so that I could email her where ever she’d be.
To be save, she needs to print out the visa and take it with here to enter the immigration gate at Doha Airport and show it at the check point. This formality is just in case, as her name should already be in the system, and once they’ve seen the name on the custom’s computer screen, they might not asked for the printout visa anymore.
The strange part here is that usually the country would asked for a fee from the outside Qatar, which means that it’s an income to the country, but instead, the fee came from within Qatar. Is that means they are not accepting/expecting an income from foreigner/tourism? Obviously they are not……
The other side of the story; those people who comes from countries that does not required a visa from Qatar, was lucky, they could come and go as they like for what ever purpose is and regardless your age. But for those who is origin from the unlucky countries (mostly from the Third Country Nationality); well, unless you are going to do business, you are not welcome as a tourist!