Time flies very quickly and without realizing it we are now well into 2016. My husband and I had a lot of plans of what we would do after we retired from Qatar (I wrote about it here), and then we were sidetracked from our original plan as there was a hick-up with my UK Settlement Visa which ended up having to change a few things:
- Change the dead line of leaving Qatar, instead of retiring in April, we could only leave Qatar in August – I will tell more about this in my next post.
- We had to enter UK not later than end of October 2015, due to new UK border regulations. I asked several people who had the same situation as me on how long we could stay out of the UK after the settlement visa was issued; but nobody could really answer this question nor the visa agency until I’ve got the opportunity to talk with the visa reviewer. The news made us re-schedule our globe trotting plan for a year and shorten our 2015 traveling to 75 days only.
- The fourth option to travel around UK and live in rented holiday type accommodation for a year has also been scrapped.
We are now based in Bristol, UK and aim to settle down for a few months (or maybe a few years) in our own harborside apartment which suddenly came available a few days before we arrived in the UK. Thus the plan of “traveling around” the UK has been scrapped and now maybe the term is not traveling around anymore but more of exploring the surrounding area.
Bit by bit I will revisit and write the missing stories of my travel during those 75 days in Australia, Indonesia & Sri Lanka, but as I am now living in the UK, my blog will be more about my exploration and finding my around the UK. I might write it more in Indonesian instead of English though.
Normally I review all my previous years blogs by the end of the year or at the latest, the first week of the new year. However, this time I didn’t manage to do so, but better late than nothing I guess.
So these are my blogging activities during 2015:
- 10-12: Last month in Doha
- 05-29: Dirty Weekend in Souk Waqf
- 05-08: It’s 2 Months To Go
- 05-01: 5 Days Photo Challenge: On the Look
- 04-30: 5 Days Photo Challenge: Petra from Above
- 04-29: 5 Days Photo Challenge: Foggy morning
- 04-28: 5 Days Photo Challenge: Syria’s Lost Generation
- 04-27: 5 Days Photo Challenge: Museum of Islamic Arts
- 04-20: My Interpretation of B&W Photography
- 04-02: Fort Zubarah, Qatar’s Own Historical Place
- 03-20: A New Face
- 03-13: The Souvenir shop at Meena House Hotel
- 03-05: Steam Ship Sudan and the Death on the Nile