Now that I am married, there is this question that tickles me all the time. What do I want next? I knew one thing: We are still living on the “road”; as an expat, we still live like a nomad. Yes our current residence is still in Doha, but that is not where we are going to end up. The question remain, whether we are going to end up in Indonesia, that’s the place where I still call home, even though if I go back to Indonesia, we might need to stay in a hotel.
While we still confuse where we wants to harbor and spend our old days together, we will carry on traveling. Even though my other half had been visited more places than me, and I will still needs to catch him up in terms of countries visited. That doesn’t means that he is not willing to revisit all the “exotic” places once again.
Well here is my bucket list of traveling in no particular order:
- Watching the drama of Wimbledon Tennis tournament in Wimbledon, London.
Riding camel across Jordanian Dessert. – in March 2011
- Traveling with Trans Siberian train from St. Petersburg to Vladivostok.
- Riding motorbike from Hanoi to Ho Chi Min City in Vietnam.
Safari trip in Tanzania and Kenya– in August 2013
- Taking the Hijaz Route train from Amman to Istanbul.
- Overland trip from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
- Sail and dive in around Raja Ampat
- Witnessing the Northern Light in Sweden or Norway.
Experiencing the Holi Festival in India– done that on the 17 March 2014 Bungee Jumping in Bali– done in December 2009
I know that I can not fulfill all of them, but it’s nice to have something to dream about. However, I also don’t think that those things impossible, as I’ve managed a few of it, I think it’s a matter of planning, and planning it well so that physically and financially we could make it happen.